This is a sponsored (paid) post. Please note that referral links or codes may be used.
For those with combination skin or just skin that changes all year round, the AXIS-Y Cera-Heart My Type Duo Cream has got you covered! This was designed to allow you to customise your skincare routine day-by-day. I’ve been using it for the past three or four weeks and my skin has had it rough – my sleep cycle is pretty much non-existent, the weather in Australia is unpredictable and I’m definitely drinking too much boba! It’s been a real saviour and I love that it can cover me from day to night.
Using the idea of a ‘U-zone’ and ‘T-zone,’ this Cera-Heart My Type Duo Cream features two different formulas – a gel-type Heartleaf Cream, as well as a denser, Ceramide Cream. The intention is that the gel can be applied to the T-zone, which is usually more prone to oiliness, and then the thicker cream on the U-zone, which is often dry. For areas that require both deep hydration and surface moisture, the two can be combined.
Personally though, I have been alternating depending on my skin’s condition. I also find that the gel cream is great during the day, whilst the thicker cream is able to keep my skin moisturised throughout the night.
This is again part of the 611 series, formulated using 6 base ingredients, 1 core ingredient, and 1 effective technology. A break down of the ingredients and their effects as below (see NOTE):
- Centella Asiatica (T & U): Works to improve moisture levels and fight premature ageing; this is also rich in natural antioxidants
- Sorghum (T & U): Has a skin brightening effect, reduces appearance of wrinkles and supports the development of new skin
- Allantoin (T & U): Aids in skin healing, smoothes and also fights premature ageing
- Purslane (U): Stimulates production of collagen and defends against free radicals; this is also a gentle ingredient suitable for sensitive skin
- Sage (T): Soothes irritation, defends against bacteria and regulates sebum production
- Licorice (T): Delivers antioxidants to calm and protect skin
- Heartleaf (T) & Ceramide (U): These help to control excess oil and sebum production, improve the appearance of acne, lock in moisture and defend against environmental stressors
- Pure Medi (U): These enhance collagen production, reduces collagenase (an inhibitor of collagen production) and reduce wrinkles
NOTE: Ingredients listed as T are used in the Heartleaf T-zone Cream, whilst U is used in the Ceramide U-Zone Cream. Anything marked T & U are used in both.
Although this isn’t the first time I’ve seen a ‘duo cream’, I’m still a big fan of the design – it’s so pretty and consistent with the rest of the brand too. I won’t be discussing the unit carton, since it’s essentially the same as the Spot the Difference Blemish Treatment which I reviewed not long ago, but lets talk about the actual packaging instead!
The 60mL tub has a wide and flat shape, making it easy to stack and store. It features a bright green body made from a translucent plastic which also gives it an elevated glass-like appearance. I think it’s fairly sturdy and, whilst it looks substantial, it’s actually relatively lightweight.
Opening it up, the Cera-Heart My Type Duo Cream has a plastic cover over the top. This is pretty common for most creams and is intended to minimise leakage. When I first received the product, I noticed that there was a bit seeping from this cover (no doubt due to a rocky post journey), but it never actually spilled to the outside of the tub – it’s definitely secure enough, especially if you are just keeping this on your table.
The two creams are separated by a wall (slightly curved, which explains why one side looks ‘fuller’). There should be 30mL of product on each side and the same protective cover prevents any risk of the two mixing. This also comes with a simple white spatula which stores easily inside the tub; it’s a small detail but I love this because I have so many of these that I’m constantly losing.
Overall, the quality of the packaging is great and it looks good too! Although I noticed some minor leaking at the beginning, this is most likely just due to postage and hasn’t happened again since receiving the product – the actual outside of the tub was never affected too. Because of this, I would recommend this for at-home use or in an overnight bag. If you are doing some serious travelling, it may be more secure (and space efficient) to decant.
I have been using this cream for around three to four weeks now and I really love the versatility of it. While it was originally designed for the T/U zones, I’ve actually been rotating them as a day and night cream. Due to seasonal changes, my skin had been insanely dry on some days, which is when I would use the Ceramide (U-Zone) Cream twice a day instead. When it’s feeling more oily or dehydrated, I’ll opt for the Heartleaf (T-Zone) Cream. Once my skin normalises though, I think that I will be reverting to the recommended application – it’s a great concept for combination skin and I have no doubt that it would work well for me throughout the year.
Here are my thoughts on the two creams:
Heartleaf T-Zone Cream
I love using gel textures and this is no exception. It has a pretty blue colour whilst it’s in the tub, but is essentially clear with a barely discernable scent. The cream has a cooling and instantly soothing effect, which is great for irritated skin. It smooths out easily and gives a strong boost of deep hydration to skin. It takes a couple of minutes to fully absorb, but leaves minimal residue, making it a great option beneath make up.
Ceramide U-Zone Cream
My skin usually hates ceramides but this worked so well for me! It has a more ‘solid’ texture, but once applied, feels thin and lightweight. Similar to the T-Zone Cream, this also has a soothing effect (no doubt due to the Centella Asiatica). Rather than hydration, this is more moisturising effect on skin, working to smooth dryness on the upper layers of skin.
Here’s my verdict!
SO WHAT IS IT?
A duo sided cream – a gel-type lightweight cream, and a denser, moisturising cream
- Good price point
- Great quality and pretty packaging
- Spatula can be stored in the tub
- Versatile and ‘customisable’ to suit changing skin needs
- Minimal to no noticeable scent
- Heartleaf T-Zone Cream: Instant boost of hydration, soothes and cools irritated skin, deeply hydrating
- Ceramide U-Zone Cream: Lightweight, soothing, moisturises skin well and fully absorbs
- Very minor leaks from the inner cover – does not actually leak from the tub
- Tub might not be suitable for travel
- Only available in duo tubs – creams are not sold separately
- PRICE POINT | 3/5
- PACKAGING | 4/5
- HYDRATION | 5/5
- MOISTURISING | 5/5
- ABSORPTION | 4/5
- CUSTOMISABILITY | 5/5
OVERALL RATING? 8.7/10
THOUGHTS? As you can probably tell, I am really enjoying this cream and will definitely continue to use it in my skincare routine. I love the duo cream idea, though I think it would be a great idea for AXIS-Y to also sell these in single tubs (for people with specific skin types). Either way, the versatility and customisable concept is great and both of these formulas perform so well. I can’t even pick a favourite because I enjoy using them both!